George T. Baxter, Esq.
George T. Baxter, Esq. is a trial lawyer who never backs down. He enjoys representing plaintiffs and has won millions of dollars in jury awards in medical malpractice and product liability for his clients.
“TRIAL LAWYER OF THE YEAR” by the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice.
George fought the government and blood industry who stubbornly refused to use available technology that would have prevented thousands of people from getting AIDS contaminated blood transfusions in the early 1980’s. This battle victory is widely reported in Snyder v. Mekhjan, 244 N.J. Super (App. Div. 1990), Snyder v. Mekhjan, 129 N.J. 328 (1991), Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks, 282 N.J. Super 23 (App. Div. 1995) and Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks, 144 N.J. 269 (1996).
Top Ten Personal Injury Trial Lawyers by the American Institute of Personal Injury Lawyers.
Co-Founder, Senior Vice-President and General Counsel of VaxGen Inc., San Francisco bio-tech, undertook the humanitarin task of developing the world’s first AIDS vaccine.
Distinquished Military Service:
George proudly served with the United States Marine Corps, 3rd Marine Division, Elite Reconnaissance Battalion, in Southeast Asia, from 1969 to 1972. He was decorated with the Marines Corps’ distinction Meritorious Mast.
George graduated from Rutgers Law School, Newark, New Jersey, with honors, and attended Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Palo Alto, California.
RESULTS THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF:
- $7.2 M – 32 year woman who was unnecessarily given AIDS contaminated blood products during the delivery of her son due to a misdiagnosis by her physician. This was a structured settlement awarded in 1995.
- $2.1 M– Jury Verdict and settlements in the case Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks (1996)
- $1.2 M – Case confidential settlement in 1997 for a young girl against orthopedic physician.
- $1.1 M – Medical Malpractice Settlement for nerve damage caused by cystogoloy procedure 2015
- $1.2 M– Medical Malpractice confidential settlement
- $1.4 M – Partnership Buyout Dispute 2015
- $1. 1M – Confidential settlement for young girl against physician who gave her an uneccessary transfusion and infected her with AIDS- in 1999
CUTTING EDGE APPELLATE AND SUPREME COURT DECISIONS THAT SHAPE THE LAW:
George takes on the tough fights for plaintiffs. When necessary he fights all the way to the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Snyder v. Mekhjan, 244 N.J. Super 281 (App. Div. 1990)- George successfully argues before the New Jersey appellate Court the right of a woman- patient to sue the hospital and blood bank for negligently screening and testing its blood products that infected her with AIDS.
- Snyder v. Mekhjan, 129 N.J. 328 (1991)- George successfully argues before the New Jersey Supreme Court the woman’s right to sue her physician and hospital for infecting her with AIDS from contaminated blood.
- Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks, 282 N.J. Super. 23 (App. Div. 1995) – Several years later, after a long successful trial, George argues again before the New Jersey appellate court for William Snyder’s trial victory.
- Snyder V. American Association of Blood Banks, 144 N.J. 269 (1996) – George again successfully fends off the industry’s appeal and the New Jersey Supreme court affirms George’s landmark trial victory.
- Peticionne v. BFPR Properties (Bergen County, Unpublished) George successfully argues that the business partner of an LLC may attach the ownership of the other partners’ ownership and sell it to satisfy his client’s $1.4 million dollar arbitration award.
- R.F. v. Abbott Laboratories, New Jersey Supreme Court 2000, Product Liability case against Abbott Laboratories who manufactured an AIDS test that failed to detect a contaminated unit that was transfused into George’s client, R.F.
Call (201) 254-0596, or Schedule a Personal Injury Free Consultation