Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys Address This Widespread Problem
Physician Malpractice: A Devastating Health Crisis
The word malpractice comes from the Latin word Mala Praxis, which means bad or unskillful practice. It is normal for everyone to place their trust and confidence in the medical professionals, especially the doctors, on which we depend, especially during a time of medical need. However, it is important to remember that physicians, as well as nurses and hospitals, are not infallible. They can make mistakes during their treatment of you and your family. If their mistakes result in the death or disability of you or of a member of your family the law provides you with a remedy to recover for the losses that the medical malpractice caused.
Medical Malpractice is defined as “professional negligence where the healthcare provider deviates or departs from the accepted standard care.
Here are some examples of medical errors that could be the basis of a law suit for the physicians malpractice:
- Failure to diagnose delay of diagnosis or misdiagnosis of an illness such as cancer, traumatic brain injury and cerebral palsy
- Surgical complications due to the surgeons failure to operate within the required standards of care for the operation
- Failure of a treating physician to check on a patient’s condition, or failure of medical staff to inform the treating physician of changes in a patient’s condition
- Failure to refer to an appropriate specialist or to refer for required testing to diagnose an illness
- A medical professional such as doctor must inform the patient of the risks associated with any invasive medical procedures such as surgery
- Failure to prevent patient injuries, such as a fall from bed or when walking in the hospital
In the ordinary medical malpractice case, the jury is not competent to supply the standard by which to measure the defendant’s conduct because it lacks the technical training to determine the applicable standard of care and whether the defendant’s conduct was unreasonable under the circumstances. The standard of care to which the doctor failed to adhere must be established by expert testimony.
If you, or a loved one, were affected by doctor malpractice call the Baxter Law Firm today to find more information about filing a physician malpractice lawsuit. An experienced, compassionate attorney will help you get your case heard and awarded your due. Dont go through this terrible time alone. Call George Baxter today.
We work on a contingency basis, which means that you dont pay a cent until you receive compensation, at which point you are charged a percentage of the settlement.
There is no fee for our services unless a recovery is won.
We offer a free initial consultation. If you feel that you, or a family member, has been a victim of physician malpractice and wish to bring legal action to compensate physical and emotional damages call us.