Our New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers Have Helped Injury Victums For Decades A personal injury refers to physical and emotional harm inflicted on an individual as a result of another’s negligence, recklessness or intentional harm. While personal injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to traumatic brain injuries and death, all personal injuries can be devastating events. Individuals and families affected by personal injuries are able to recover compensation for physical, emotional and financial losses by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible parties. Compensation may include medical and hospital bills, the cost of long-term treatment programs, lost wages, physical disfigurement and emotional pain and suffering. At The Baxter Law Firm we exclusively handle serious personal injury cases, including those caused by:
- Automobile Accidents: Auto accidents are among the leading causes of serious personal injuries and deaths in the U.S. They are commonly caused by the negligence or recklessness of another driver, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, defective auto parts, and/ or poor weather or road conditions. There are various types of motor vehicle accidents including truck accidents, bus accidents,motorcycle accidents and pedestrian accidents. Injuries sustained from auto accidents range from minor sprains and strains to severe back and head injuries and can have long-term damaging effects.
- Construction & Work Site Accidents: Construction sites are among the most common workplace sites where serious personal injuries and deaths occur. Construction site accidents can affect both workers and innocent bystanders. While the most common are scaffolding accidents, which account for nearly two-thirds of all construction accidents, other common causes include roof collapses, electrocutions, falls from extreme heights and improperly-braced trenches. Whether you are a worker or merely an innocent bystander who was harmed in a construction site accident, you may eligible to recover compensation for physical, emotional and financial losses incurred in the accident.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Thousands of Americans suffer serious personal injuries in pedestrian accidents each year. For instance, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), in the U.S. alone, some 80,000 pedestrians are hit by a car, truck, bus or other motor vehicle each year. In addition to vehicle-involved accidents, pedestrian accidents can include construction site accidents and slip and fall accidents in which dangerous conditions cause an individual to slip and injure themselves.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: A slip and fall accident occurs when someone literally slips and falls as a result of a dangerous condition on another’s property. Owners of both private and public property have a legal obligation, under premise liability laws, to keep their properties safe and free of dangerous conditions for any one who enters the premises. While there are many factors that can cause a slip and fall accident, some of the most common include wet/ slippery floors, torn carpet, broken tiles, potholes, cracks in the pavement, foreign objects that obstruct the walkway and poor lighting.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers have a responsibility to American consumers to test their products before putting them on the market to ensure they are safe. Each year, however, millions of Americans are harmed by defective products. When products are faulty, they can cause serious personal injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries and even death. Individuals and families harmed by defective products are eligible to recover compensation for their losses by filing a product liability lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: Millions of Americans are treated for illnesses and injuries each year, and trust that their health is in good hands. Unfortunately, however, medical malpractice is more common than most of us would like to admit. Medical malpractice occurs as a result of doctor negligence; errors made by doctors, surgeons and other medical professionals; medication errors and wrong or misdiagnosis. Medical malpractice often results in serious injuries and death and should not be taken lightly. Individuals harmed by medical malpractice almost always qualify to recover compensation for their losses.
- Dental Malpractice: Mr. Baxter has successfully won dental malpractice cases with regard to nerve damage and other injuries. For example, did you know that dental procedures can cause a stroke in an otherwise healthy person. See our blog. “Dental Work Related To Strokes,” published on January 14, 2016