George T. Baxter, Esq.
My focus is to win your case and help you to get your life back on track. I have won multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts, New Jersey Appellate and New Jersey Supreme Court cases for 38 years. I handle complex cases that include product liability, medical malpractice, automobile negligence, and most serious injury cases. I also handle business and partnership disputes that include restrictive covenants, buyouts and many other disputes.
Overview of Awards & Accolades.
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Public Achievement Award, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Washington, D.C.
- Top Ten Plaintiff's Trial Lawyers Satisfaction, Trial Lawyers Institute
- Multi-Million Dollar Trial Lawyers Forum
- Million Dollar Trial Lawyers Forum
Notable Jury Trials, Verdicts & Settlements.
- Snyder v. Makhjian, 244 N.J. Super. 281 App. Div. (1990)
- Snyder v. Mekhjian, 125 N.J. 328 (1991) Supreme Court upheld patients' right to sue blood bank, hospital and physician for AIDS contaminated blood transfusions
- Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks, 282 N.J. Super. App. Div. (1991)
- Snyder v. American Association of Blood Banks, 144 N.J. 269 (1996) Supreme Court affirmed the first jury verdict in history against blood industry for distributing AIDS contaminated blood Products to hospital patients.
- Hayes v. Ariol Products (confidential product liability settlement)
- R.F and R.F, v. Abbott Labs, 311 N.J. Super 216 (1996)
- Doe v. New York Blood Center (Confidential Medical Malpractice Settlement)
- Fiscik v. Biolotti (Confidential settlement medical malpractice)
- Matear v. Wildman (Confidential Medical Malpractice Settlement)
- Petriconie v. BFPR, Partnership buyout dispute. $1.2 Million Dollar Arbitration Award.
- Huapaya v. New Machinery Inc. (Confidential Product Liability Settlement)
- Zea v. Smith (Confidential Medical Malpractice Settlement)
- Camali v. Paladino, (2020 jury verdict successfully defended multi-million dollar restrictive covenant & tortuous interference claims.
Business And Corporate.
- VaxGen, Inc. South San Francisco, CA., Co-founder, Senior Vice-President, General Counsel and Secretary to Board of Directors.
Publications & Lectures.
- Every Last Drop: How the Blood Industry Betrayed the Public Trust, Trafford Publishing, 2010.
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Lectured in Product Liability.
- American Association of Trial Lawyers.
- Rutgers School of Law, Newark, New Jersey JD. Distinguished Student Award. 1983.
- United States Marine Corps, 1969-1972. Decorated Platoon Leader.
- State of New Jersey
- Federal District Court
Every Last Drop: blood & money
Read about how George Baxter, Esq. won the only jury verdict in history against the entire billion dollar a year blood industry. It is a true David v. Goliath story where George fights for his client, William Snyder, who was given AIDS contaminated blood products. George's courtroom victory fueled a congressional investigation and he was nominated for "Trial Lawyer of the Year".